Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!

Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!
Do Viking Women Run?!?

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DAMN, That Was Close!!

Hell!! That was a little too close for comfort. You know what I mean. I've heard the stories from others, and now I can say I have experienced that for myself...the extreme need to use the bathroom while out on a walk/run. Oh sure, it starts out as a little tease. A little stomach gurgle. Is that gas or a sign of things to come? No worries, just keep running. Then they come like the contractions of a woman about to give birth, regularly and closer and closer together. I turn around to head for home. Am I too far? How will I possibly make it? I try to monitor if my faster running is making the cramps come faster or if I can time it to make it home before disaster strikes. Wonder if those neighbors would mind my taking a dump in their bushes. Gross, right? Seriously!! Keep running. Please don't let me see anyone I know, as I'm pretty sure that my form (with my ass sticking out and my legs squeezed together) will give away my serious predicament. Keep focused! Stay determined. I develop tunnel vision and start saying some prayers. "Please dear baby Jesus, please let me make it home before I crap myself! PLEASE!!" The painters are at my house and have blocked the front door, so I have to go all the way around an in through the back patio door. Crap! I didn't account for that delay. By the time I enter the house my legs are literally crossed and I'm hobbling through the house. But, Praise God! I made it just in the nick of time. Shaking and exhausted I'm so glad I have my bodybugg on because I'm positive that I burned twice as many calories on todays run. Lord help me, I hope they have port-a-potties set up about every 10 feet at Disneyland's 5K.

No comments:

Post a Comment