Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!

Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!
Do Viking Women Run?!?

Thursday, February 23, 2012

New Toy

Look what I got for myself as a reward for working out for four weeks. It is the BodyMedia Fit CORE Armband. It is supposed to keep track of how many calories I burn each day. I enter in the food that I eat and it should keep me on track for my new healthy lifestyle goal. A couple of years ago I looked into getting the BodyBugg but it was pretty expensive. This was $150 on Amazon and then I pay a monthly membership fee to have access to their program. I like it because it is so small and doesn't bother me too much to wear it. I also like that it is able to show me literally minute by minute how active I am. It even show sleep patterns and how often you wake up during the night.

I did another 3 minute run today. It felt pretty good. I still couldn't do the second 3 minute run and had to stop early, but that's ok. I know I will get there and I am really trying to enjoy this journey. This was the perfect time of year to start because our weather is so damn beautiful. I am a little worried about a couple of things. What will I do when we go on vacations? What will I do when it starts getting hot? I know that I would like to eventually add in some swimming because I am a good swimmer and I love swimming but thats not running.... I need a plan for the vacation concern because I leave for spring break in 15 days. Yippee. I guess if I need to, I can always use the hotel tread mill. I will need to remember to pack work out clothes. :)

Another day down. I'm feeling really good mentally and am happy to feel myself getting stronger physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment