Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!

Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!
Do Viking Women Run?!?

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A New Outfit for a New Day

OMG! Today was hard. First off, I forgot my damn sunglasses again! What is up with that? Second, I couldn't breathe. Breathing is important for running and walking and living. When I can't breathe I feel like I am in outer space; I'm not really aware of my surroundings. I'm sure this is a phenomenon that happens when there is no oxygen in your brain. The reason this occurred today is because I ran three 1 1/2 minute runs and one 3 minute run!! Yes, I ran 3 whole minutes without stopping. I rock!!

I knew today was going to be a huge challenge so I thought it would be appropriate to wear a new outfit. I think I looked pretty cute in my light pink hoodie and new black pants from the Walmart. whoot woo.

I Kept My Power!

I would also like to report that I kept my power this weekend even though I shared my plan with my spouse. I told my wonderful husband that I had been keeping a deep, dark, secret from him. That I have been walk/running AND that I had been doing it for three whole weeks AND that I started a blog to keep track of my progress AND that I had signed up for a Disneyland 5K!!!!! He said he is proud of me, that he knew something was up, but didn't know what and that he wished I had asked him to join me. I explained that I would have liked to have asked him to join me, but that I was afraid he would "steal my power" and that this was about ME, not us or him. It is about me taking control. About me stepping up to a challenge. About me wanting to feel better about myself. About me setting boundaries for myself and others. He understood. He is good that way. He said he would like to start using the app and I told him I would be happy to help him with that whenever he is ready. I still haven't shared this with very many people. Just the ones I am close to and the ones that I think will support me.

So, that's what's up with me. I am still trying and still taking one step at a time because I am worth it.



1 comment:

  1. So much going on in my life that I have not had the time to follow this like I wanted, just caught up and I have to say I am so, so, so proud of you!!!! For so many reasons....You have stuck to this when I know you wanted to quit! You have found the love of running! You have opened up and told Brian, who loves you and always supports you! You have run three minutes straight! Even I struggle with that! Keep it up, because what I bet you have not mentioned is that your clothes are fitting a bit differently, you are probably also eating a bit differently and not realizing it.

    ReplyDelete