Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!

Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!
Do Viking Women Run?!?

Friday, March 2, 2012

YES!

I have so much to talk about today. First of all, I ran my entire third leg of the program without stopping early on any of the runs. That's two 3 minute runs and two 1 1/2 minute runs. My right calf was a little tight and my knee is hurting a little but nothing that a little ibuprofen won't fix up. I also ordered some "joint health" medicine from Melaleuca that I have used before and I know will help. Yes!! I am so happy that I pushed through the pain.

I focused on my parents today. They were both great people and died tragically young. That is one of my biggest fears. I don't want to die young and leave my children and never meet my grand children. This is another reason that I am running. To be a good example to them and to be around FOR them.

Next, I would like to celebrate obtaining my first mini goal. I use an app called "Loose It" and it tracks the food that I eat, my exercise and my weight. I decided that having a huge weight loss goal is not in my best interest. Little goals along the way that will eventually add up to an overall big weight loss is my plan. So I'm going to focus on 10 lbs at a time. 10 little pounds. Ten nasty little pounds. Yeah, right!! Ten pounds is a big deal. The first 6 of my 10 pounds came off relatively easy....but those last couple of pounds were a struggle. BUT, I did it!! At first I wasn't going to post a picture of the screen shot that I took, but then I decided that I am heavy and it's not a secret. There's no hiding my large ass and hammies. So it is better to own it. So I have decided not to be embarrassed about how much I weigh, but to be proud of those 10 little pounds that I have lost. Yes, that is a better plan. So here it is....my first 10 pounds gone. :)



My starting weight. OMFG! That is the heaviest I have ever been.

10 pounds gone!

I have set a new goal for 10 more pounds. I'll
let you know when I hit that goal.



I don't know why it says this. I do not plan to maintain this current weight.



The next thing I would like to discuss is the tragic loss of my pink skull head phones.
As I was running my iPhone fell out of my pocket and dropped to the ground. Thankfully, my phone was fine, but my head phones are jacked. (taps playing) Goodbye to my comfortable earbuds. You served me well and may have saved the life of my precious iPhone. Thank you.

I know that this post is getting long, but I just have so much to talk about today. The last thing that I would like to say is that I really am enjoying looking at nature while I am out and about walk/running. I noticed today that all the trees are budding out and the tiny green leaves have burst overnight. It is so beautiful to see that Spring has sprung. Here is a picture of our flowering plumb tree in our front yard. I LOVE it.





No comments:

Post a Comment