Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!

Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!
Do Viking Women Run?!?

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 2 - Is This Hell?

Ok. I have to admit, I didn’t go into todays walk/run as excited as the first day. Lesson learned…Mental note – Get yourself geared up, psyched up, excited or whatever before you begin your walk/run. Honestly, I did great the first four one minute runs. I ran the whole time without even stopping early which I though was fucking amazing!! But then it happened. I hit the wall. It was pretty much a brick wall. I don’t know if it had to do with my fear of falling and not wanting to run on the wet cement that the sprinklers sprayed causing me to loose what little focus I had today or if I just used up all my mojo on the first four runs. I did rebound and ran my entire 8th run. My 6th, and 7th runs felt like Hell. And of course, as I’m doing the running portion, I think posative thoughts like “I’m going to hell if I don’t start acting right and treating my kids and husband better”….”this is probably exactly what hell is like, running, hauling around my big fat ass with the sun in my eyes”. Now I know why runners wear those running hats with visors and sun glasses…So the damn sun isn’t always in your eyes sucking out valuable energy that you need to focus on running. The walking part is fine. I know how to walk and catch my breath at the same time. :)

I declare that I am proud of myself. I did the second day and I’m still alive. Can’t decide if I like Dayzee running with me or not. She’s fine most of the time, but if she sees a bird she wants to catch it and 99% of the time that’s not where I’m going. The best part of this is finishing and being able to put down how many calories I used in my app on my phone. Today I used 190 Cal. Wheeee

I am strong. I can do this. I can become an unlikely runner. One foot in front of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment