Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!

Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!
Do Viking Women Run?!?

Monday, February 13, 2012

To Run or Not to Run...That is the Question

Yesterday I woke up feeling like crap. Well not like crap but not good either. I just don't feel well. I feel like I can't breath. I have a dry cough. I'm fighting something. Should I run, or is it better to take the day off? The problem is that I didn't run the day before and I AM NOT REPEATING MY RESET!

So I decided to run but not push myself too hard. I ran and "speed walked". I have to admit that I am uber proud of myself for going even though I didn't feel well. And as Debbie predicted, I did feel much better when I was done. (for a while) I was also very suprised that the speed walking was much more difficult than I thought it would be. In fact, I think that the speed walking was actually more difficult than the running. hmmmm, I think that will be an alternate day activity that I can add to my bike riding.

I'm so happy that I decided to go. Now I am ready to start on the next leg of training. I feel like I'm strong enough and ready mixed with a healthy dose of scared. I need to remember one day at a time, one foot in front of the other. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment