Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!

Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!
Do Viking Women Run?!?

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 1 - C25K

Ok. Today is the day. The first day of a new journey I have been thinking about for a while. I’m not promising myself anything other than “I will try”. I have always been amazed and perplexed by people that run. 5k, 10k, half marathon, full marathon and triathlons.

I have also been thinking that if I want to enjoy a long life, I need to loose some weight. Let’s not kid ourselves…I need to loose a lot of weight. It’s a lifestyle change kind of thing, not an eat less exercise more kind of thing. Although I’m sure the later will be part of the plan.

So, I’m gonna think more about me. Set more boundaries for myself and others. Say “no” when I’m not 100% confident that the answer should be yes and put one foot in front of the other and run. God, the running part sounds horrible and I will need to retrain my brain to think this is a good idea. I have decided that the c25k program (couch to five kilometers) program is worthy. At this point I can barely imagine running the one minute comfortably much less a 5k or more, but I’m gonna take it one day at a time.

January 31,2012

No comments:

Post a Comment