Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!

Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!
Do Viking Women Run?!?

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Trying Does Not Equal Giving Up

Wow! Two weeks. Two weeks really fly by when you are having fun and not running. What can I say? Life happens in-between the plans that you have so carefully made. I'm not gonna beat myself up. I'm just gonna look forward and keep going.

The kids have been on spring break for the past two weeks. The first week we went to Las Vegas and Disneyland. Both places involved a lot of walking, but no running. Last week I was back at work and took some sub jobs since I have been extremely stressed about my students dropping this semester. So I worked during my "me" time. Our weekends are always crazy busy and to top that off I tweaked something in my hip, so I have been experiencing hip/butt/lower back pain.

But this is a new week and today is a new day and I am proud to say that even though I felt close to zero motivation to get up and run today, I did it anyways.

It is starting to warm up here in the sunny state of AZ. That means I have an excuse to complain more and work out less.... Wait, that was my old way of thinking. My new self needs to solve this problem. The heat sucks, yes? I do not even really like being out in the sun. So today I woke up early. I know, I know, I tell myself I am not a morning person and hit the snooze button repeatedly every morning just so that I can enjoy a few extra seconds in my nice warm bed. But today I opened my eyes, got out of bed, put on my clothes and walked out the door. It is a beautiful day. I was able to enjoy the sunrise and definitely felt much better when I was done. The best part is that I got it out of the way and had the rest of the morning to focus on ME!! I was able to catch up on some club work and I worked in my garden and I ate breakfast and helped the kids get ready for school. These things are all important to me and make me a better me. This needs to be my new plan from now on until it starts cooling off again in November.

I simply need to drag my sorry ass out of bed and do what I promised myself I would do. Just try. Take it one day at a time, one step at a time. I'm worth it and my family and friends are worth it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment