Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!

Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!
Do Viking Women Run?!?

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Oh. My. Hell. (on so many levels)

Ran/walked today. Didn't like it.

That's really all I have to say... but I really should explain myself.

I knew that I would be running today. I guess my biggest problem is that I don't see myself the way I really look. It's like reverse anorexia or something. I know I'm fat, but I don't really internalize my fatness kinda like super skeletal anorexic people don't think that they are thin enough. So I knew today would start a new leg of the c25k program. A VERY SCARY new leg. The "short" run is 3 minutes which was the "long" run just last week. The "long" run is 5 minutes. Holy Hell!! Yes, that's right. But my brain was telling myself that I looked super cute in my new running pants that I got. Let's take a little detour. My new grey pants with little slits on the cuff with pockets for my iPhone that are made by Danskin. The little tag that was on the pants give the following inspiring tips:
DANSKIN NOW
Move closer to you goals
Create the world you want
Inspire those you love
Live your life in motion
Then, I look on the back of the tag. I love that they only cost $9.00. But then I notice the name of the item... DN PORKCHOP JUDO. What the hell? Porkchop!?!? PORKCHOP? Very funny Danskin, very funny. Touche. I get your humor.

So anyways, I was thinking how cute I looked and not that I am still fat and that I need to psyche myself up to run 5 minutes. So just to let you know, I can not in fact run 5 minutes. Yet. I was able to do both of the three minute runs which is really amazing since it wasn't that long ago that I couldn't even run one damn minute without stopping early. So I know if I keep working I will get there. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time.

Here's another interesting fact. I took the dog with me today which I can say with 100% confidence I DO NOT LIKE. But, every time I start getting on my workout clothes and putting on my Nikes she gets very excited and starts running around looking for her leash. Then she starts crying because she if very afraid I will leave before she finds her leash. Then she starts looking me straight in the eye like "you better not leave before I can find the damn leash!" So I break down and take her, even though I don't want to. Today, my middle child wanted to come along too. WTF? Yeah, I need some little kid dancing in circles around me while I am trying to "run". Luckily she only lasted 1/2 the time before she got bored and headed for home.

Today I went 2.22 miles!! Yeah for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment