Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!

Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!
Do Viking Women Run?!?

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas is in the air


Today is my last day off by myself before my kids are off with me. The sun is out and it is another beautiful day. I think I have everything done that I need to accomplish before they are off with me messing up my house and eating all the food. Oh, that does remind me, I need to hide some cookies and oreo balls so that we will have some for our Gregory Christmas up in Showlow later next week. If I don't, the kids, husband and possibly dogs will eat up all my hard work.


Speaking of dogs, my dogs ate my special Godiva dark chocolate candy bar that I had started eating and put down just for a nano second last night. I am upset and worried that one or both of my hounds will have chocolate poisoning, but I am more upset that my special treat was inhaled before I even knew what was going on. C'mon!! It was Godiva. They were probably exacting revenge on me for forcing them to wear the reindeer antlers for a recent photo shoot. In fact, I think if you look into Dayzee's eyes, you can almost hear her thinking "I will get you back when you least expect it."


Yesterday we made a big double batch of these awesomely thin and crisp Heath bit sugar cookies. These are definitely the easiest cookie to make and everyone loves them. Brian took a bunch into work and I will give some to our neighbors and we will have a few left for Christmas. Today we will do more baking, but first I need to make a dreaded trip to the grocery store. I have a love hate relationship with the grocery store. I'm fine when I'm there but I hate going and checking out and schlepping everything to my car. Enough said. It is a necessary evil.

Another necessary evil this time of year is wrapping gifts... ugh... double ughh... I do not care for that job at all. In a previous life, I was a professional gift wrapper at Mervyn's. I can wrap me a mean gift, but that doesn't mean I have to like doing it.

Joy to the world. Happy Holidays. Merry Christmas. Enjoy your family traditions and have a great time  remembering the reason for the season.


1 comment:

  1. First, love the look on Dayzees face, for some reason, the eyes look just like Cassi's when she is staring you down. That is all I can see.

    Second, love those cookies.... I think some should be stowed away for me when I am there in, ummm a year!

    Third, my presents are wrapped, no shopping for me... so HA!

    ReplyDelete