Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!

Missy Gregory, Viking Woman!
Do Viking Women Run?!?

Monday, November 26, 2012

Ok Ok. How I feel about it.

My friend Julann said that I forgot to write about the most important parts of my first 5k.

I was extremely worried that I would get "swept". Disney posts all over the place about how you must maintain a 15 minute mile. Yeah, I didn't know if I could do that even though I am able to walk. ha Well, I am happy to report that I did not get swept and I figured out that I finished the 5k in about 40 minutes. I didn't look at the time clock when I actually walked accross the start line to know my time once I crossed the finish line, but it was pretty close to 40 minutes. I walked and ran. There were times that I knew I would walk, like going up hills. There were times when we were forced to walk,  like the bottle neck through the castle. I followed my friend Hannah's advice and paced myself with a couple people around me. I would pass them and then they would pass me and then I would pass them. It was cool. I really enjoyed myself. I am very proud of myself. I am doing another 5k in a couple of weeks and best part is that they will give me chocolate at the end. Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment